ABOUT MELRAH SHEQ
MELISSA BHAGWANTH (CEO)
Construction Health & Safety Project Management
Melissa, CEO of Melrah SHEQ, has degrees in both Human Resource Management as well as Health & Safety Management. She has numerous other qualifications which include:
- Lead Auditor with ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001/NEW ISO 45001 system qualifications
- Trainer /Mentor /Coach, SANAS & SACAS Technical Assessor for Management Systems
- Construction Health & Safety Manager (SACPCMP)
- SAOISH Graduate and Corporate Member
- IRMSA & SABPP Professional Registered Member
- NeBosch qualified with International Certification in SHE Construction Management
Her experience reigns in Occupational Health & Safety Compliance in Corporate, Construction and Mining as well as ISO Systems implementation and auditing, She has additional experience in the following areas:
- HIRA & Risk Assessments (Baseline to Activity Based)
- SHE Training, Construction Compliance (Design to Pre-Tender, Tender and Post Tender phases and Project Closeout)
- Legal Auditing and Inspection Programs
- Incident and Accident Investigation
- Compilation of SHEQ Policies and Procedures.
She worked in Eskom for 18 years as a OHS Professional. During this period her focus was on ORHVS systems, Primary Energy Resources in Mining, Fuel and Water as well as Industrial and Rail Sidings. In addition she was involved with Road to Rail activities, Water System Reticulations, Water Pump Station and Pipeline works, Working at Heights Safety in the Live Line and SHE Management in Built Environments.
She then went on to become the Director of OHS & COID at the City of Johannesburg. She eventually opened her own SHEQ Consultancy, Melrah SHEQ, in July 2014.
While working at the Department of Water and Sanitation, her projects included dam rehabilitations, canals and sewer work, doing OHS Consultancy, Auditing, SHE documentation review and Implementation of SHEQ & ISO systems for Clients in the private and public sectors. She also conducted Legal Compliance Audits at Johannesburg Water and did Due Diligence Auditing in various Mining and Construction sites.